Several weeks ago, I found these Eggnog Candy Melts at Walmart. I grabbed them, not knowing exactly what I would use them for, but knew I would come up with something great.
Although Christmas is over, it is still pretty chilly, and that means it is the perfect weather for eggnog. I love eggnog! I also love snack mixes! I decided these eggnog candy melts would be the perfect addition to this Christmasy chex mix. I added craisins, pistachios and mixed nuts to add some tart and salty elements so the sweet eggnog taste wasn’t overpowering. I also threw in some Mickey pretzels that we brought back from Disney, just for fun! Then I topped it off with red, white and green sprinkles to give it a little more of a holiday look. I think it turned out great, and my coworkers were crazy about it too!
5 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
2 Cups Pretzels
1 Cup Mixed Nuts (we used almonds, cashews, and pecans)
1/2 Cup Shelled Pistachios
1/3 Cup Craisins
1 Bag Wilton Eggnog Candy Melts
1/2 Jar Holiday Sprinkles
- Pour chex, pretzels, nuts, and craisins into a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Pour bag of candy melts into a large microwavable coffee mug. Microwave on high in 15 second intervals, stirring, until completely melted and smooth when stirred.
- Pour melted candy melts over chex & nut mixture, stirring until coated evenly.
- Spread on a parchment paper lined pan or cookie sheet (I like using my lasagna pan so it stays contained).
- Pour on the sprinkles, as much as desired. Leave to set at least 1 hour or more (I let mine sit overnight inside my cold oven.
Thank you for stopping by! Please leave me a comment and let me know what your favorite holiday snack mix is!
If you’d like to know where this post is linked up, please visit my Link Up page.