I love Halloween, and I am a sucker for all easy, cute, dessert recipes. But I am especially a sucker for sweet treats that I can easily bring in to share with my coworkers, whom I adore! When I came across these adorable Zombie Eyeball treats, on eighteen25, I knew I just had to make some of my own!
I had just seen some caramel apple flavored green candy melts that looked just like the ones used in this recipe, so I decided I wanted to try those out instead. I also got sugar sprinkles instead of the regular ones, honestly, because the grocery store didn’t have the ones I was looking for! Lucky for me, they still looked good in this project!
- Square pretzels
- Caramel Apple Candy Melts (or Lime Green Candy Melts)
- Red Sugar Sprinkles
- Black Gel Icing
1. Preheat oven to 250º. Lay out the pretzels on a flat cookie sheet, leaving just a little space between the pretzels. Then add a candy melt, round side up, to the top of each pretzel.
2. Bake at 250º for 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with the red sprinkles, as desired.
3. Then quickly top with one M&M each, “m” side down. You have to do this quickly so the candy melts don’t set before you get them all topped. Hubby was helping me and he didn’t push his M&M’s down, but I did push mine down. I like mine better (obviously!). But that is really personal preference.
4. Then put a little dot in the middle of each M&M with the gel icing, and there you have it! Zombie Eyeballs!
5. Let sit 4+ hours so they are completely set. You should be able to press on them without messing them up.
Funny story with mine (not really funny), I almost destroyed my entire batch, because apparently I don’t know how to use saran wrap! I pulled the first sheet off, it stuck together. I tried again, under hubby’s instructions, and the whole roll fell out onto my NOT DRY zombie eyeballs! So some of them are smashed and smeared (lucky for me, I took pictures first!), but they still taste yummy!
Let me know if you have any tips or tricks to help make these easier to make!